I'm not close with most of the families in her class. I've got one foot in two schools: her private school, and Ben's preschool. And then I've got Kiefer, home with me. So actually three feets, as Kiefer would say, in three very different places. And we did leave the state, but not to some really cool location, very far, super warm location.
Jamaica. Disney cruise around the Caribbean. The Bahamas. Canada. Those are the destinations I know about within her class. Those warm destinations seem really nice after a cold winter.
But we didn't go anywhere. Here's a list of places we went, things she did during her two weeks of Spring Break:
- We spent three days at my sister's townhouse in West Virginia as a family.
- We skiied in West Virginia for a big chunk of each day.
- She turned an Elephant and Piggie book into a play with Ben.
- We visited my mother who lives an hour away.
- We went to my mother's gorgeous library, and then to the bookstore where she got to choose one thing.
- She went to an indoor playground with Kiefer and my sitter.
- She spent two days in pajamas, not going anywhere.
- She helped fix our gravel road.
- She read about 15 chapter books and dozens of picture books.
- We went to our library 4-5 times.
- She went to "lego club" at our library with her brothers.
- She built forts with Kiefer and Ben in our house.
- She found old shapes that went to a tangram puzzle and led her brothers in some tangram activities.
- She slept in almost every day.
What's Spring Break about? A relaxation of schedules, more time to do more stuff with her family, and a whole lot of playing--by herself, with her brothers, and as a family. I am bracing myself, though, for a comparison of breaks next week when she goes back...